Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

2011 was a great year for me and my Map. We were invited to exhibit my work at two great contemporary art museums. One is in the Northeast and scheduled for late October/early November 2012. The other, in the Southeast, will show a large chunk of Jerry's Map in May, 2013. What a way to kick off the Map's 50th anniversary year! The Northeast show will be the first time the entire Map has been assembled since 1982 when it was composed of only about 500 panels. It's now just over 2400. I'll give firm dates and locations when I know them.

I will also be on the lookout for other institutions that would like to show the Map during 2013. If you know of any or have contact with any, please let me know! Thanks!

A couple of new Map features are in my head and will make their way onto paper in 2012: one, which I will call "Crop Circle Collage" in deference to Joanne who just asked me about it, has me excited. The other, still a vague concept, I will call "The Red Dimension". I'll experiment a little and then launch it sometime soon.

I hope that all your new years have started off in the right direction. Stay tuned! (And run over to Ebay and buy yourself a few prints!)

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to another year of your fascinating, evolving art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! And, when are you going to place all the panels that you have at the same time in the same place? That would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! Barring any glitches the Map will be shown in its entirety at a major museum later this year. I'll give the dates and location as soon as they are fixed.

    ReplyDelete